Friday 1 June 2012

Quilling

I recently bought a book called 'Crazy Art' and it was really inspirational. I strongly recommend you take a look at it. It is a collection of work by modern artists exploring different media and playing with scale.


A piece that really caught my eye was the work of artist Yulia Brodskaya. Her work with paper was beautiful and simple. Using the old fashioned method of quilling she creates intricate and colourful pieces that I have fallen in love with!




I actually first came across quilling when I was in the girl guides, but I was happy to revisit it as all the equipment you need for it is pretty cheap and easy to find!

Here is my most recent attempt,

The process is harder than it looks, trying to get the paper curls the same size. But I am really enjoying it, so keep looking back and there will be many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment